Friday, April 17, 2009

The National Debt and the U.S. Selling Spree

From News.goldseek.com

The actual numbers are actually terrifying, as, “Receipts for the month fell 28 percent to $128.96 billion from $178.82 billion a year earlier”! Tax revenues fell 28%? Yow!

This can only mean that people are spending less money, and that means that they are borrowing less money, which makes the “deflation problem” worse, which means that the Congress and the Fed will doubtlessly redouble their efforts to kill us with inflation in the money supply which creates inflation in prices and inflation in the size of government! Gaaaahhhh! We’re freaking doomed!

My involuntary screams of terror seemed so long and loud that I quickly realized that I was not properly anesthetized to be looking at such horrifying statistics. So, after a couple of long, thirsty pulls on a bottle of bourbon with a beer back, I soon felt I was ready to look at that again. Maybe kick some butt this time!

Squaring my shoulders, I soon saw that I was right; my eyes were now crossed and everything was blurry and spinning around! Much better! Hahaha!

So, instead of looking at this inflationary horror and getting “the spins”, I instead hear James Turk of the Freemarket Gold & Money Report apparently poking fun at me for being concerned about ordinary inflation, saying, “hyperinflation does not arise from banks lending too much money. Rather, hyperinflation invariably occurs for only one reason – too much government spending that leads to too much government borrowing and these debts are then turned into currency by the government’s captive central bank. And that scenario describes exactly what is happening in the United States today.” Exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment